Saturday, October 18, 2008

autumn beauty

What a perfect afternoon for portraits. I spent two hours with this family and got a huge variety of imagery. I was trying hard to get an authentic smile from my young man and a soft expression from my young lady. We had fun right up to the last light and I felt I had acheived many wonderful expressions. After giving out their much deserved prizes I asked if they would like to run around the field which was glowing with the last beautiful moments of soft evening light. It was here I got the best expressions from both of my young subjects. This is not a surprize to me as often once kids think it is all over they relax.
The mom had listened well regarding clothing. She brought an earth toned rustic sweater to go over her brown long sleeved shirt. Nothing could have been more perfect. I added my signature leaves in her hair for a touch of color. I love this peaceful moment.

A total opposite to her brother's exuberance, which I also love.


And the Coup de Gras- The face of a Botticelli angel or a Drew Barrymore look alike.


Warning - Never eat oreo cookies until the shoot is REALLY over. Fake smiles may appear.

No comments: